Innovative Care and Trusted Weight-Loss Surgery
Robotic Bariatric Surgery
Our bariatric surgeons utilize all the latest technology, including robotic surgery, to enhance the performance of bariatric procedures.
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass has long been considered the gold standard of weight-loss surgeries. It can help reduce your body mass, medications and your likelihood of needing additional surgeries.
Duodenal Switch Procedure
The duodenal switch is the most effective operation to improve and resolve diabetes for people with very high triglyceride or cholesterol levels and for people with BMIs greater than 50.
During sleeve gastrectomy surgery, up to 80% of your stomach is removed, leaving a narrow tubular stomach. This encourages gastrointestinal hormone production to reduce hunger and appetite.
Gastric Band Revision
For patients who have had problems or poor weight loss with their adjustable gastric band, gastric band removal or revision to another bariatric operation may be the answer.
A Choice That Could Change Your Life
We’re here to support your fresh start with safe, effective weight-loss surgery that could change your life for the better.
Bariatric surgery changes the way your body handles and metabolizes food, helping you achieve long-term weight loss of a large percentage of your excess body weight.
While many people choose it to improve their physical health and treat serious medical conditions like diabetes, it can also improve your overall health, with benefits like:
- Improved quality of life
- Improved self-esteem
- Increased ability for physical activities
- Reduced dependence on medications
- Reduced risk of disease
- Improved fertility and hormone levels
- Improved sexual function
Feel Empowered to Understand Obesity
According to the World Health Organization, two-thirds of Americans are overweight (have a BMI of 25 and higher) and more than one-third are obese (have a BMI of 30 or higher).
Obesity is recognized as a disease by national and international governments and medical and scientific societies.
The more you understand about this disease, the more empowered you’ll be to make a positive change in your life.
- Characteristics of Class III Obesity
- Treating Class III Obesity
Here’s How to Get Started
If you’re considering bariatric surgery, know that you’ll be supported at every step. Here are the steps to take to get started:
- Take part in an AdventHealth weight-loss surgery information session
- Submit your demographic and insurance information and your personal health history questionnaire
- You’ll be contacted within three to five business days by your patient advocate to review your insurance and financial information
- Attend your initial patient consultation with a provider
- Obtain documentation required by your insurance provider and submit it to your patient advocate
- Insurance authorization is obtained
- Complete the medical clearances and tests required for surgery
- Your patient advocate will contact you to schedule your pre-operative appointment, surgery and first post-operative appointment
Our Team Pioneering Bariatric Surgeries
“We feel like we help patients experience positive change in every area of their lives. Our mission is their well-being.”
Answering Your Questions, Easing Your Mind
- After attending the information session, when will I hear from the physician’s office?
- Is there anything that I can do to better prepare my body for possible surgery, starting now?
- Should I submit my request to the insurance company on my own?
- Will I have excess skin after I have had weight-loss surgery? And if so, what can I do about it?
- What if I still don’t know which surgery is best for me?
- If my mobility is limited due to my weight or severe pain in my joints, how should I increase my daily exercise?
- Are there any medical conditions that would automatically prevent me from having weight-loss surgery?
Bariatric Care Is Close to Home
AdventHealth Medical Group Bariatric Surgery and Metabolic Medicine at Celebration
Formerly known as Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery
Celebration, FL 34747
Celebration, FL 34747